Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Snafus Aplenty on Opening Morning of Virginia's Urban Archery Season (Blog 406)

I thought I had planned everything for opening morning of Virginia's Urban Archery Season...clothes in a scent free container, safety harness in an adjacent container, gear all proportioned nicely in my day pack.

Nevertheless, I drove off without having my safety harness in tow, which caused me to have to return home. When I finally made it up to my tree stand and secured myself, it wasn't long until my bow haul apparatus fell out of my pocket and crashed to the ground.

Probably my late arrival to the stand and my haul rope falling had nothing to do with my not seeing a single deer on opening morning. I can believe that anyway, I guess. The day was not one of my better performances afield.

No comments:

Post a Comment