Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2018

No Bowhunting in the Rain (Blog 408)

This entire week, I studied the weather forecast for Southwest Virginia, hoping that I could go bowhunting during Virginia's Urban Archery Season. A few times, I saw a few brief windows where I could possibly have climbed up into a tree stand for a couple hours.

But, alas, the rains have not relented, and I'll have to be content to go out and do some tree stand site scouting. I have a few places that I want to check out to see if they hold promise. One site especially has promise, as it leads to a clover food plot.

Another place is a Roanoke County backyard where the home owner says deer have been venturing into during the evenings. I'll just try to put myself into position to be successful next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment