Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Giving Talk on Invasive Plants to Third Graders (Blog 409)

Tomorrow morning, I am giving a talk to my daughter Sarah's third grade class at Greenfield Elementary. The subject is invasive plants. I have never "taught" third graders or any elementary school students before, so I have tried to be really prepared.

Sarah asked me to gather invasive plants for a show and tell session with her students, plus the classes of the other two third grade teachers. It was not hard to walk along our Botetourt County road for 50 yards or so and gather a half dozen invasive plants.

And that's why students of any age group should learn about invasive plants in their areas. Invasive plants negatively impact both native flora and fauna and require a great deal of work to eliminate. I'm looking forward to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment