Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Land Prepping for Deer Season (Blog 405)

With Virginia's Urban Archery Season starting next Saturday, I spent this Saturday rejuvenating a food plot on our Botetourt County land. First, I lightly tilled the soil, then raked the debris, and last planted clover.

After that was accomplished, I went around the perimeter of the plot and cut down saplings, mostly ash, pine, red cedar, and redbuds. The removal of those trees should allow the plot to receive more sunlight.

Sunday, my son-in-law David Reynolds and I plan on visiting our Eagle Rock land and putting up a tree stand there. Later in the morning, we hope to errect one behind the house and check on the status of the other ladder stands. I hope next Saturday some time in the morning or afternoon that Elaine and I will be butchering a doe.

No comments:

Post a Comment