Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Success in Virginia Turkey Woods (Blog 420)

In my 32 years as a turkey hunter, I have never seen so few birds as this year. I've gone deer hunting 20 times this season and only twice during those times did I see turkeys.

So when I scattered a flock of birds Tuesday after teaching school, I was so excited I could barely sleep. Wednesday morning, I went out for an hour hunt before school, setting up at the scatter point.

Fortunately, I was able to call in a bird, killing it at 7:18. Elaine took pictures for a future magazine story, I phone checked the bird and cleaned it, and was able to arrive at school around 8:30. The kitchen was a mess from the cleaning and my hunting clothes were scattered all over the house, but it was a memorable morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment