Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Fall Turkey Hunting in West Virginia Mountains (Blog 464)

Saturday, I went fall turkey hunting in Monroe County, West Virginia. I know that the deer activity is intense right now, and I truly love to pursue deer. But my favorite kind of fall hunting is to go after turkeys. The emphasis on sign reading, figuring out what the birds are eating, hearing all the different fall calls that turkeys make, and deciding whether or not to attempt to bust a flock or call it in make this pastime so rich and fulfilling.

I encountered two different fall flocks Saturday and could not call them in. I also couldn't maneuver close enough to the gangs to scatter them. Nevertheless, it was a marvelous day spent in the West Virginia mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment