Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Summer Berry Season (Blog 451)

Elaine and I have been picking berries for a month or so now, and we now have picked 9 1/2 gallons of wild raspberries, wineberries, and blackberries. Tomorrow our son Mark and I are going to our Gap Mills land in Monroe County, West Virginia to hopefully pick at least two quarts, so that we can reach our annual 10-gallon goal. That way we will have enough fruit for Elaine to make most of the pies, cobblers, and jam we will use in the year ahead.

Mark and I are also going to clear brush and shooting lanes around my ladder stand there. Bow season starts the last Saturday in September, and I won't go back to the land until then. I will also check out the condition of the stand and the belts that keep it in place. I hope to kill a nice doe there on opening day.


No comments:

Post a Comment