Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Chestnut Tree on Our Potts Mountain Land (Blog 450)

Elaine and I recently went to our Potts Mountain land on the border of Craig County, Virginia and Monroe County, West Virginia to pick raspberries. While there, I checked on the progress of two American chestnut trees that continue to grow taller.

I noticed the two trees several years ago - they are not very far apart. I have been waiting for them to die, but they have not. Of course, I am guessing that they are afflicted with the blight that has impacted our native chestnuts since the early 1900s. However, they must have some immunity to have lived this long and grown some 40-feet tall.

Anyway, they were good to see.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete