Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Getting Ready for Virginia and West Virginia 2018 Bow Season (Blog 400)

Today, I amped up the preparation for the upcoming bow season in Virginia and West Virginia. Elaine and I drove to our Monroe County land early this morning. We drove down the gravel roadway to the creek bottom, then I used a mower and scythe to prepare a pathway through the field to the woods.

I then used the scythe to cut our shooting lanes around my ladder stand. Later, I checked the stand itself to make sure all straps were still functional and safe. Meanwhile, Elaine had found a blackberry patch along the logging road that leads through our 94 acres. She busied herself with picking a quart of blackberries which turned into a cobbler for dinner. All in all, a really good start.

In a couple of weeks, I will put up  a tree stand in Roanoke County where the Urban Archery Season opens on September 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment