Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Our 40th Wedding Anniversary (Blog 395)

Last weekend, Elaine and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary by having dinner at Liberty Station in Bedford and then spending the night at a wonderful bed and breakfast, Whitetail Lodge (www.wtlodge.com) operated by Dan and Lisa Lovelace. The B&B is situated near the rural community of Sedalia, and it was just the perfect romantic getaway for us.

The next morning we visited Tom Smedley's farm not far down the road. Tom's son Bob was one of the ushers at our wedding, and we wanted to hear from Mr. Smedley how Bob was doing.

Elaine and I had only had five dates when I asked her to marry me - the smartest thing I have ever done in my life. And she has given me the best 40 years of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment